Keeping you safe
Social distancing is at the forefront of our operations here at Lula. We are using practical and technical innovations to ensure we keep our team and customers safe at all times.
Below are details on some of the simple steps we are taking to ensure you can come and enjoy our delicious food, whilst making sure we can operate in an effective way for everyone.
A safe distance.
- All available seating will be positioned a safe distance apart, according to Government guidelines. This may mean some tables are made unavailable.
- We will have markers on the floor on entering Lula so people can remain a safe distance apart when queuing.
- We will have signs placed around the restaurant to remind people what to do.
PPE and sanitising
- Face coverings will be worn by all members of the Lula team during service and cleaning.
- Kitchen staff will wear masks in accordance with Government guidelines.
- Hand sanitiser will be available in multiple locations around the shack.
- Every table will be cleared and sanitised before the next guests are seated.
- All of our cutlery and crockery is biodegradable or compostable, which not only means we can be kind to the environment, but also minimises the chance for cross contamination.
- There are free to use public toilets located right next door to our restaurant. These are not owned by Lula, but we have been informed they will be cleaned twice a day.
- Harveys Towans is the nearest free public car park to Lula, located just a two to three minute walk from the restaurant.
How we work
Lula isn’t just your standard beachside restaurant. All of our food is also freshly cooked to order, championing the quality ingredients we have locally-sourced from the land and sea around us.
Enjoy your food as a takeaway at home or on the beach, or as a sit down meal with us at Lula – where we have a beautifully interior-designed seating area and covered beach terrace, with tables available on a first come, first serve basis.
The Lula step-by-step guide
Step 1: Welcome
- When arriving at the shack, please make your way to the roped area where a member of our team will find you a table. We will ask you to sanitise your hands here and collect details for track and trace.
- Please be patient during busy periods, our team will find you a clean table as soon as possible.
Step 2: Order
- Take a look at our menu (don’t forget to have a look at the blackboards around the shack for specials of crab and lobster). A member of our team will come to your table to take your order.
- Payment will be taken on ordering.
- Please note, our menu is subject to availability.
Step 3: Enjoy
- All of your food and drinks will be delivered to your table.
- All cutlery and crockery is biodegradable or compostable, and will be disposed of responsibly. You are welcome to bring your own plates and cups if you would rather.
- If you wish to order additional drinks or dessert, a member of staff will return to take your order and payment.
- Please make your way to the roped area as above, where a member of our team will take you to the till to place your order. Alternatively, you can place your order over the phone. Your order will be available to collect from our hatch when it is ready.